Drop everything you’re doing and make these – NOW! If you’re a fan of pumpkin pie then you’re in for a real treat. This recipe has been circulating around Facebook and Pinterest for some time now and when I decided I was going to spend the day baking, I was recommended to try making these.
Some things to note about the finished result: The cupcakes will come out nice and puffed out but will deflate and almost cave in a bit after baking. I’m no baking expert and am not exactly sure why this happens, but you can top with whipped cream or icing to hide it an you’re good to go!
Recipes makes 12 cupcakes.
– 1 can of pumpkin puree (540 ml)
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup evaporated milk
– 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR all spice/cinnamon/nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners. NOTE: paper liners tend to stick and not come off clean. It is recommended to use silicone or foil liners sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the can of pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk.
3. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
4. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture (or two ice cream scoops)
5. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for the same amount of time. Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Top with whipped cream or icing and enjoy!