Lately I’ve been on a real recipe roll (see what I did there?) Last night I made the most delicious sweet potatoes I just had to share. Super quick, healthy and easy. Enjoy!
– a large sweet potato
– cream cheese (plain or herb and garlic)
– olive oil
1. Cut the sweet potato in half and place on a microwave-safe plate. Drizzle a bit of water and olive oil onto the potatoes.
2. Zap it for about 5 minutes, flip it with tongs (it’s gonna be hot!) and cook for another 5 minutes or until the potato is soft and fluffy.
3. Scoop out the cooked potato while leaving the shell (skin) to be used as a bowl for the finished mixture.
4. Mix your salsa, cream cheese and corn with the sweet potato and stuff your empty shells.
5. Sprinkle your cheese on top of the potatoes and bake in a 350 F oven for about 7 minutes or until your cheese is nice and gooey.
I meant to add some chopped green onion on top too but was distracted by how delicious it looked. You can also add some cayenne pepper or chili flakes to jazz it up a bit.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 7 points (based on one half of the sweet potato cooked with 1/2 cup of corn and 2 Tbs of cream cheese)