I came across a great article by Women’s Health Magazine that features some tasty and healthy snacks at 100 calories or less. Read the full article HERE and read on for my favourite picks.
- Sliced tomatoes w/ feta and olive oil – Eat them cold or pop in in the oven for a decadent snack.
- Starbucks Tall Skinny Latte – need an energy boost but don’t want to sacrifice the calories? Starbucks offers a variety of skinny beverages that will do the trick.
- Banana – Simple but sweet and soft with loads of potassium.
- Half-cup edamames – They’re the better beans packed with protein.
- Shrimp and cocktail sauce – Eight of these little guys paired with 4 Tbsp of cocktail sauce is the perfect seaside snack.
- Carrots and hummus – A cup of baby carrots and 2 Tbsp of hummus can go a long way.
- Beef jerky – High in protein, low in fat.
- Egg whites and toast – Two egg whites on top of a slice of whole wheat toast is an excellent source of fibre and protein.
- Frozen yogourt – We all have those cravings for cool and chocolatey-vanilla goodness. Just 1/2 a cup will seal the deal.
- Fat-free pretzels – This is my favourite snack. It’s salty and filling! You can even pair it with peanut butter, hummus or salsa.
For more health and fitness inspiration visit my motivation blog LITE.